Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Cricket of my life ...

“Cricket is our Religion and Sachin is our GOD” must have been chanted N number of times by many of us and Of course some might replace Sachin with DADA (And in the same manner with CAPS lock on), but all these things shows the amalgamation of the game in our life …what if the life of cricket turns around to be Cricket of life?..
It all started with the TOSS which is the beginning of the game and it resulted “HEAD”(As all boys consider they have one ;-) ) and I was born, If it would have been tail it has to be a girl or vice versa (obverse and reverse side of life not the coin)
In our gully cricket if someone wins the toss he decides to bat first as it is considered to be luxurious and u have a chance to hit the ball first, In the same way It was my turn to bat first in the game of life and to be in luxury. In initial overs I hit many sixes and fours to the Food Bowl given by my mom and to the various things in our house, I was also saved from bad shots too cause of fielding restrictions which was imposed due to extra love and affection given to me by my Grand Maa.

Then came the next spell of my inning filled with various teacher and school time bowlers, many of them were scary and always fired bouncers on me but I somehow managed to get some quick singles, doubles and few boundaries frm that; During my net practice I was always warned about the spinners whose spell was about to come during the next phase of my life,Ball thrown by spinners are quite tempting and u always want to play stokes and hit a sixer on those ball. I think you must have guessed the spinners …. Yes the obverse side of life… this time I’ll call boys the reverse one

For few overs I controlled myself from making any mistake but like any other batsman knowingly got caught in the web and tried to loft the ball on my front foot …lucky me.. although not a boundary but jst managed not to be caught on that stoke ..People who succeeded reading the minds of spinners managed to score well but it’s a difficult task as u never know when a Googly or a doosra may flung the bells .The last spell of overs were from career and if u play them well people say ur chances of succeeding in the game of life are much more .As all the other spectators in front of TV sets each and every spectators in ur life cycle is more interested in viewing the last few overs and to see how u tackle them and have their own sets of views and suggestion to play without being on the ground ..

Now it was my turn to ball and my task is to defend my score which is my moral assets, my knowledge and my values when talking in terms of life; First few overs were jumbled with various stokes and wickets as sometimes I was badly thrashed by Big experienced world and sometimes I delivered well, sometimes I bowled wide and sometimes it was Good length.


The game is still on… I am not sure was my score well enough to be defended ?
I am not sure whether I am gonna win this battle... neither I am bothered bout that
but jst want my team mates to say …….”I Played well”

1 comment:

Shaunak said...

karra likha hai.
mast.
kasam se.
creative one !